Friday 17 July 2015

Filthy Gorgeous Magnetic Nail Polish


I picked one of these Nail Polishes up while I was in Norwich, as it was on sale and it really fascinated me. They had two colours on sale; a metallic red one and a metallic green one, and I thought I would get more wear out of the red one and so I picked this one up. I couldn't wait to try it out and see how it actually looked on my nails...

The science behind this nail polish is relatively simple. The nail polish contains magnetically charged iron oxide pigments which create the rippled effect when they are magnetised with the magnet.

This is the shade Heartbreaker, and I have to admit, I absolutely love this shade, I think it's absolutely gorgeous. The polish is designed to be applied in one coat, which to start off with I wasn't convinced it was going to work, but it looks absolutely stunning. The colour pigmentation is really strong and it didn't chip for days. Absolutely love this shade as a standard nail polish.
To create the rippled effect, you apply one finger at a time and while the polish is drying, you hold the end of the nail against the small ridge. It says the magnet needs to be held near the nail for 5 seconds, but simply 1 second does the job. It's a really simple process, and although I smudged the nail polish a few times this go round, it got easier by the third nail and it would be something that would be really easy to pick up.

However, I really don't like the effect it creates, it makes your nails look clumpy and strange, and although I think this nail varnish looks stunning without the magnet, it's not something I think I'll be doing again all too soon. Although, it may be because either my magnet was faulty, or I was just doing it massively wrong, but this was how I felt about this nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment