Friday 31 July 2015

July Favourites


I can't believe another month is already over! But it has, and it's been a great month! I'm home from University, and so back at home and near the boyfriend. At the beginning of the month we went on holiday to Cromer and it was a massive heatwave and was insanely warm, and will go down as one of my best holidays ever. I've been to Woburn Safari Park and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo this month as well, and I love animals and so these were both amazing days out! So, here are my favourites that I've been loving throughout the month of July.

Hair and Skincare


Most of these products are so summer appropriate, because, as a whole, this month in England has been hot and so these have been essentials for me. 

Simple Kind to Skin Moisturising Facial Wash - I absolutely love this! It comes out as a thick gel and gently foams as you apply it to your face, which are my favourite kind of face wash. It's 100% soap free, and has no fragrance, and so is really gentle on my skin. It also contains multi-vitamins and skin-loving ingredients. This, for the price you pay for it, is incredible. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Loreal Paris Express Pro Self-Tanning Dry Mist - This is in the shade 'medium', and is a spray on fake tan, and so it doesn't streak or get my hands covered in it. This tan is a gentle fake tan that looks natural, it's not REALLY dark, but makes me look like I've gained a sun-kissed glow, and as my legs are really pale, I use this all summer long on my legs.

Pampered Bath Smoothies Strawberry, Raspberry and Pomegranate - This smells divine, it's so sweet and summery, and creates the best bath soak. That's all I have to say..

Batiste Dry Shampoo Cherry - This is a cult favourite for everyone. And this one smells of cherry... what more could you want?! I use this for two purposes, either to clean my hair when I haven't got the time to wash my hair, or to add some extra volume into my roots or some grip into my hair when I want to do hairstyles that require less clean and silky hair.

Umberto Giannini Salt Spray - Salt sprays are a summer essential for me, they add some texture to a simple hair style; whether it be just down or in a high ponytail, and this one is amazing, just spray it in, scrunch it up, and BAAM your hair has more texture and volume in it. 

Umberto Giannini Leave-In Conditioner - Sun and wind damage my hair, and so this conditioner creates a silky-soft hair and controls any frizz. I spray this in just after I come out of the shower and then either leave it to dry naturally or blow dry it and it leaves my hair really sleek and soft.

Tangle Teaser Wet/Dry - I'm so late on this bandwagon, but this is a life saver, it gets knots out of your hair without pulling any hair out with it. As my hair's got longer I feel like it's got thinner, and so, although I feel this is quite expensive for a hair brush (especially as I tend to lose them), I feel like this is a great investment in my haircare. 

Make-Up


Real Techniques Buffing Brush - This is perfect for applying my foundation and concealer, especially around the nose and eyes and all those difficult places. I love this, and I think everyone, and their mom, and their cat, and, yeah, everyone they know, love these brushes.. so ...yeah

Beau Belle Powder Brush - I bought a set of brushes on Amazon, there is a review on my blog earlier, which you can read here. This one is my favourite, I love this powder brush, it's so soft and applies just the right amount of powder on my face, it's also just the right size to cover my face, and I can't recommend this brush enough, however, I only think you can buy it if you buy the set, but it was so affordable, and all the eyeshadow brushes in this set are incredible too.

Collection BB Secrets in Light - I've been loving BB Creams recently, and currently I've only tried two, and so I may be not the best person to ask about this, but it feels light and moisturising, while still applying a decent amount of coverage. Plus, it has SPF15 in it, which is an additional bonus

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - I absolutely love this Concealer for under-the-eye concealing, and it's illuminating as well. I don't think it's as great at covering up imperfections or spots, but this is by far my favourite for covering any bags and brightening up this area of my face.

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in Beige Clair - I've been using this over the top of my BB cream, as it is gently coloured and so adds an extra layer of coverage, it also keeps me looking matt all day, as well as keeping my base products in place. So it's a multi-use product, which is definitely a plus point.

Sleek Make-Up Blush Palette in Californ.i.a - This is a sleek palette containing 3 cream blushers, which are all summery shades. I love to wear cream blushes in the summer, and this palette comes with 2 shimmery shades and one matt, and they go with every makeup look I would ever do in the summer, and so this comes with me everywhere. 

Rimmel Natural Bronzer - This isn't a very good contour shade, which some other bronzers are, but its great at adding a little colour to my face, and I've been wearing it whenever I'm having one of those 'no makeup makeup' days, as it's such a natural shade.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Creamy Beige - I use this as a eye shadow primer, it is such a natural tan shade, and covers any redness on my eye lid, it stays put all day, and it means that any eye shadow I apply ontop also stays put all day. I own 4 of these now, and my other 3 are more colourful, but this one is a great base for any eye look, and I use it more or less every day.

Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme Volume Express Mascara - This is just about to dry out, and I am definitely picking up another one. This mascara is great. The brush is huge, and dense, and so makes my lashes look very voluminous. I then tend to use a lengthening mascara to help separate and perfect, but this is a great mascara, and is something else I've been using everyday. 

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Stellar Pink - This could be considered quite a dark shade for summer, but it's one of those lip colours that you can build up, so it can be quite sheer or really vibrant. It's a shimmery pinky-red-nude shade (I know a lot of colours), and is so easy to wear, the formula of these are incredible. They are moisturising, and stay put for quite a while, and I love these lipsticks!

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 32 - We all know my obsession with these lipsticks, but I love this shade because it's a coral colour, and so summery, and I get so much wear out of it in the summer. Nothing more to be said really...

Non Beauty


Tanya Burr - Love Tanya - I recently got hold of this book, and I love how it's written, I love that it gives you space to write your own thoughts and views and I love the content. Basically, I love this book. It's also in a really nice hard back copy and so will stay really nice for long time. 

Ben and Jerry's Half Baked - Everyone loves Ben and Jerry's, but this is one of those flavours you don't often see, but I really love. It's a combination of Cookie Dough and Fudge Brownie, which are both mine and my boyfriend's favourite flavours, and so we often share this.

Tesco Sweet Vanilla Candle - I love vanilla flavoured anything, so this candle is delicious, and it was only £2.

Sophie Kinsella Confessions of a Shopaholic - These have been out for ages, but I love them both. The books are so witty and funny, and are a great light reading. The film is also amazing, I watch this when I'm having a lazy, girly evening. Plus, it makes me feel so much better about my own spending problems....

ZSL Whispnade Zoo - I included in this photo the stuffed, because I went to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, and it was one of the best days of my life. I can't recommend this day out enough, it's quite expensive, but we were there all day, and so it was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment